I have been working with organizations developing innovative responses to complex issues for thirty years in Europe and Canada:
- An investment advisor in Poland’s Foreign Investment Agency (1990-91).
- The Foreign Assistance Coordinator for Grants in Poland’s Ministry of Privatization (1992).
- The Mission Coordinator for the United Nations Development Program’s first regional economic development initiative in Eastern Europe (1993).
- Coordinator of the Waterloo Region’s Opportunities 2000 project, a “prototypical” collective impact initiative that won provincial, national and international awards for its multi-sector approach to reducing poverty (1995-2000).
- Executive Director of the Canadian Community Economic Development Network (CCEDNet) (2000-01).
- Vice President, Tamarack – An Institute for Community Engagement, and the Executive Director of Vibrant Communities Canada (2002-2011).
In 2011, I established Here to There Consulting Inc. to work more directly with groups working on tough issues – such as poverty, homelessness, academic achievement and community safety — in Canada, the United States and beyond.